JUST ADDED - Oracle Database 11g R2: Administration I – 10/20
The overall objective of this course is to allow the student to gain the skills necessary for day-today administration of an Oracle database. This course is the starting point for Oracle database administrators and also sets the foundation for advanced administrator training and certification
At Course Completion
Specific subject areas to be explored and objectives to be reached are:
- Software installation and the creation of new databases.
- An in-depth exploration of the database architecture, including memory, process and data structures, and the management of those structures.
- Management of database files.
- Specialized facilities intended to maximize performance of enterprise-scale transactional applications, such as the shared SQL and PL/SQL cache, the result cache, the database buffer cache, and other similar components.
- Management of security policies and procedures, including administration of user accounts, roles, privileges and profiles.
- Utilization of advanced self-tuning and self-management capabilities, including the use of Oracle-Managed Files, database Advisors and other components of the Management Framework.
- Performance monitoring, problem troubleshooting, and resolving lock and conflict issues.
- Using the Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL interfaces for administration tasks.
- Control over database support services, including the Database Control, Oracle Net and others.
- A primer on backup and recovery structures and strategies.
- Operating system-specific considerations for various platforms, especially Linux and MS Windows Server.
We hope you can join us the week of 10/20 in person or online as a babsimLIVE student.
For more information on this class click HERE.
For more information about Babbage Simmel you can call us at (614) 481-6555 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.