Have you taken one of the top ten Microsoft classes of 2011? Part 1
It seems like everyone is doing countdowns this time of the year, so why not? This will be part one of a two part blog that will highlight the ten most popular Microsoft courses for 2011. These classes should still be popular in 2012, so this will give everyone a chance to look at the best courses the big M is putting out, and the next class date. Let’s get it started with number 10…
10. Configuring Identity and access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory M-6426
•Describe identity and access solutions.
•Configure Active Directory Certificate Services.
•Deploy and manage certificates.
•Configure Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services.
•Configure Active Directory Federation Services.
•Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services.
•Maintain access management solutions.
•Troubleshoot identity and access solutions
9. Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL M-2778
- Describe the uses of and ways to execute the Transact-SQL language.
- Use querying tools.
- Write SELECT queries to retrieve data.
- Group and summarize data by using Transact-SQL.
- Join data from multiple tables.
- Write queries that retrieve and modify data by using subqueries.
- Modify data in tables.
- Query text fields with full-text search.
- Describe how to create programming objects.
- Use various techniques when working with complex queries.
8. Configuring and Managing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 M-10174
- Prepare for and install SharePoint 2010
- Configure the fundamental service and logical components of a SharePoint Implementation
- Administer SharePoint using the user interface, the command line, and Windows PowerShell
- Manage content in Lists and Libraries
- Administer identities and authentication
- Secure content in SharePoint sites
- Manage customizations to a SharePoint implementation
- Configure SharePoint services and applications
- Configure SharePoint social networking features
- Manage SharePoint search
- Configure farms, servers, service applications, and web applications
- Install, upgrade, configure, and operate a SharePoint farm
- Configure high availability and recoverability
- Monitor and optimize SharePoint performance
7. Visual Studio 2008: Windows Presentation Foundation M-6460
- Create a WPF application.
- Build a user interface in a WPF application.
- Customize the appearance of a WPF application.
- Bind user interface controls to data sources.
- Bind user interface controls to collections.
- Create new controls in a WPF application.
- Manage documents in a WPF application.
- Add graphics and multimedia support to a WPF application.
- Configure and deploy WPF applications.
6. Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database M-6231
- Explain SQL Server 2008 R2 architecture resources requirements and perform prechecks of IO
- Plan install and configure SQL Server 2008 R2
- Backup and restore databases
- Import and export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS
- Use BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
- Manage security
- Assign configure fixed database roles and create and assign user defined database roles
- Configure and assign permissions
- Implement SQL Server 2008 R2 Audits
- Manage SQL Server 2008 R2 Agent and Jobs
- Configure database mails alerts and notifications
- Maintain databases
- Configure SQL Profiler Traces and Use the Database Tuning Advisor
- Monitor data by using Dynamic Management Views
- Execute multiserver queries and configure a central management server
- Deploy a datatierapplication
- Troubleshoot common issues
Be sure to check back next week for part two of this countdown, and find out what the number one Microsoft class of 2011 was!