TOGAF® 9.1 Level 1 and Level 2
Gain the knowledge and skills needed to become certified in TOGAF 9.1.
TOGAF, an Open Group standard, is a proven enterprise architecture methodology and framework used by the world's leading organizations to improve business efficiency. TOGAF helps practitioners avoid being locked into proprietary methods, utilize resources more efficiently and effectively, and realize a greater return on investment. TOGAF is an industry-standard architecture framework that may be used freely by your organization to develop an information systems architecture.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge needed to prepare for and achieve both TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 certification, known as TOGAF 9.1 Foundation, and TOGAF Level 2 certification, known as TOGAF 9.1 Certified.
The TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curriculi of both Level 1 and level 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF. The TOGAF 9 Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of TOGAF framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
- Interactivity guaranteed - Group Discussions, Think-Pair-Share, Brainstorming, and 2-Minute Paper Activities. Our course engages all types of participants, including the quieter lot, and encourages sharing of ideas / team building among the participants.
- Focus on effectiveness - Real-life Analogies, Formative Quizzes, Mind Maps, after-course study guide, mock exams. This enhances the performance of the participants during the course, and focuses on their key strengths and areas of improvement. We also make sure that people pass the exam of course.
- Engaging & Fun - A central case study in the form of a comic strip and eFlash Cards are engaging ways to learn, recall, and retain. We don't offer some boring 750-page TOGAF book, or 5 days of theory, but a fun experience.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts The TOGAF certification program
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture
- Understand and apply the ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Understand and apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a combined exam voucher allowing you to schedule the TOGAF® 9.1 Level 1 and Level 2 certification exam (exam to be taken at a later date). You will need to schedule the exams through a Prometric Test Center of your choice. The TOGAF® 9.1 Level 1 certification exam is a 60-minute closed book exam. The TOGAF® Level 2 certification exam is a 90-minute open book exam. You must pass the exams to achieve certification.
This course is conducted and delivered by ITpreneurs who holds a TOGAF® 9 Commercial License issued by The Open Group. Babbage Simmel acts as a service provider to ITpreneurs and is not required to be licensed by The Open Group.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Enterprise Architecture – An Introduction
Module 3: TOGAF® 9.1 – An Introduction
Module 4: The Architecture Development Method
Recap Exercise Crossword (Please refer Appendix C)
Module 5: Enterprise Continuum and Architecture Repository
Module 6: Architecture Content Framework
Module 7: Preliminary Phase and Requirements Management
Module 8: Architecture Vision
Module 9: Business Architecture
Module 10: Information Systems Architecture
Recap Exercise eFlash Card (Please refer Appendix C)
Module 11: Technology Architecture
Module 12: Transition Planning
Module 13: Implementation Governance and Architecture Change Management
Module 14: Security Architecture
Module 15: Enterprise Integration and Service Oriented Architecture
Module 16: Architecture Patterns
Recap Exercise Multiple Choice Questions (Please refer Appendix C)
Module 17: Architecture Capability Framework
Module 18: Exam Preparation Guide
- ndividuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9.1, e.g. System Integrators, Operational, Business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT Managers, Program and Project Leaders, IT Specialists, Architects
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9.1 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9.1 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9.1