ServiceNow System Administration
During this three-day interactive training course attendees will perform system administration functions in their own instance; a safe sandbox.
In Module 1 attendees will start by working with the User Interface and performing essentials Core Configuration tasks, then use the Mobile Platform.
In Module 2 attendees will also add users, groups, and roles.
In Module 3 attendees will manage data with Tables and the App Creator, Import Sets, and the CMDB.
In Module 4 attendees will work with five key elements of the Service Automation Platform:
1. Populate the Knowledge Base
2. Add items to the Service Catalog
3. Create Workflow activities and approvals
4. Create Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
5. Create and run Reports
In Module 5 attendees will perform Core Application Administration, working with Policies and Interactions, Business Rules and Clients Scripts, then configure and control Application Security, then configure Alerts and Notifications.
In Module 6 attendees will learn about various Ongoing Maintenance topics including working with Update Sets, viewing Upgrade History and Status, learn about performance and troubleshooting, then use the Social IT capabilities of a ServiceNow instance.
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real-world example.
Module 1 Core Configuration and User Interface
Configure Navigation, UI, Search and Branding options, Manage Incident, Problem and Change lists and Forms, active plugins and use the ServiceNow Mobile Platform
Module 2 User Administration
- UI Essentials Lab: Configure Navigation, UI, Search and Branding Options
- Configuration Essential Lab: Manage Incident, Problem and Change, Lists and Forms and activate plugins.
- Mobile Platform Lab: Use the ServiceNow Mobile Platform on Smartphone and Tabvlet Devices.
Configure User Accounts, Groups, and Roles
Module 3 Data Management
- User Administration Lab: Add Users, Add new Group Automatically Associated with New User Record, Assign Roles to a Group, Add Users to new Groups, Create and Test New Assignment Rule
Work with the App Creator, Import Data and add Configuration Items (CIs) to the CMDB
Module 4 Service Automation Platform
- Tables and the App Creator Lab: Create new Tables, Applications and Modules
- Import Sets Lab: Work with Import Sets and Transform Maps
- CMDB Lab: Add and Map CIs, Analyze Problems Using BSM Map
Work with key ServiceNow Platform Applications and Functionality: Knowledge Base, Service Catalog, Workflows, SLAs, and Reporting tools
Module 5 Core Application Administration
- Knowledge Base Lab: Create and Attach Knowledge Base Articles
- Service Catalog Lab: Create Service Catalog Items and Add Variables, Create a Service Catalog Order Guide
- Workflows Lab: Create new Workflow and Approvals
- SLAs Lab: Define an SLA for Catalog Requests
- Reports Lab: Run Reports and work with Gauges and Homepages
Work with UI Policies, Data Policies, UI Actions, Business Rules and Client Scripts, Configure Application Security, Work with Events and Notifications
Module 6 Ongoing Maintenance
- Policies and Interaction Lab: Work with UI Policies, Data Policies, UI Actions, Business Rules and Client Scripts
- Application Security Lab: Provide Application and Module Access for a specified role, Create an Access Control Rule to allow record Read Access, Create an Access Control Rule to restrict column Read Access
- Notifications Lab: Observe a Business Rule and Registry associated with a P1 Change Event, Create a Notification based upon a Business Rule, Configure and send an email notification, Create an SMS notification
Create and Apply Update Sets, Learn about the Upgrade Process and Release Cycle, Record Baseline Performance Statistics and Use Social IT Capabilities
Module 7 Case Study
- Update Sets Lab: Create then Retrieve an Update Set
- Upgrades, Performance and Troubleshooting Lab: Confirm Release and Upgrade Status, Edit New Build Notifications, Review Baseline Statistics
- Social IT Lab: Configure Live Feed to Automatically Post High Priority Incidents
The Case Study has been divided into 8 task categories as a guide to deployment:
- Task 1 - Add Users, Groups and Roles
- Task 2 - Customize an Instance
- Task 3 - Import Users
- Task 4 - Schedule Reports
- Task 5 - Add Knowledge Base Articles
- Task 6 - Personalize Homepages
- Task 7 - Configure Security
- Task 8 - Display External Webpages
© 2014 ServiceNow, Inc. All rights reserved.
ServiceNow and the ServiceNow logo are trademarks of ServiceNow,Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders
This course is designed for new ServiceNow System Administrators – 0-3 months into a new deployment.
The ServiceNow Foundations eLearning course – six modules that introduce the ServiceNow platform and interface. The course uses role-based scenarios to show the workflow and interactivity of the platform. Industry terminology and practice using ServiceNow fundamental building blocks (applications and modules, tables, forms, lists, fields and exploration of key applications and functionality). Completing the online prerequisite allows attendees to immediately be successful in class since it provides a common vocabulary and standard practical experience with ServiceNow fundamental applications.